The City of Chicago Department of Business Affairs and the Small Business Center invites small business owners and entrepreneurs to its FREE Small Business Center on the Road business expo with more than 40 exhibitors offering resources on:
• How to finance a small business
• How to start the licensing process
• How to understand and comply with tax laws and requirements
• Business planning and counseling
• Connecting with chambers of commerce
• Business consultants from the Small Business Center will available for license application and renewal assistance
Keynote Speaker Bill Rancic:
Chicago’s very own Bill Rancic was hired by Donald Trump as the winner of the first season of NBC’s breakthrough program “The Apprentice”. Currently, Bill is speaking to businesses and organizations around the world on motivational and business topics, developing real estate in Chicago, and producing and appearing in several television programs to talk to viewers about business and entrepreneurship. A published author of a New York Times best-selling book, Bill wrote You’re Hired: How To Succeed In Business And Life and Beyond the Lemonade Stand to help educate and motivate young people worldwide about the value of money and how to leverage skills, talents and abilities at an early age.
Note: As a professional business event, photo and autograph requests of Bill Rancic will not be allowed.
Additional Expo Resources:
• Tax Clinic by the Center for Economic Progress
• Two Workshops
• City of Chicago Business Consultants ready to support licensing needs and answer questions
• Photographer to take professional head shots for attendees to use for marketing and social media sites
• Networking Hour presented by the Office of the City Treasurer
* NEW Free Legal Clinic
Presented by The Law Project, a Project of the Chicago Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, Inc.
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Attorneys will be available to provide one on one consultations with small business entrepreneurs regarding the transactional legal aspects of their small business: including discussion of corporate structures (C Corp, S Corp, LLC), contract preparation and review and compliance with state and local laws.